Couples are asked to first make an appointment with the Pastor. Then they will be required to attend preparation session before scheduling their child's baptism. Classes are offered 3 or 4 times a year.
- First Holy Communion & Reconciliation
Preparation for Reconciliation and Eucharist begins in the fall for children in 2nd grade or older. First Holy Communion is the first Sunday in May.
- Contact Linda Kelley at 225-2120
Anyone 6th grade or older who has not received this sacrament may participate. Students should be in Holy Name School or attending parish classes for their age.
Contact Linda Kelley at 225-2120
Faith Formation Programs
The first and foremost priority of every Holy Name parishioner should be to worship at mass every single Sunday. There is nothing more valuable than hearing God's word and receiving Our Lord. It is one of the greatest gifts we can give our children and one of the greatest gift's God has given us.
The following programs are available at Holy Name to help your children grow in love of God and the church. Take advantage of these opportunities to reinforce the faith you share at home and build stronger ties to the Holy Name family. The Religious Education Director is Linda Kelley 225-2120.
- Sunday Religious Education for Children
- There are two components for children in Kindergarten through 1st Grade:
- Children's Liturgy of the Word - children accompany a catechist after the opening prayers of the 9:30 mass to hear and discuss the Sunday scripture readings in a way that they can understand. They follow the same order of mass as the assembly and return before the Liturgy of the Eucharist. This is directed to all elementary age students and presented in a reverent, prayerful atmosphere.
- Middle School
- 7th & 8th graders meet most Sunday afternoons prior to the 5:30 pm mass, beginning at 3:30 pm. Classes are presented in a variety of ways with lots of hands-on activities.
- A Catholic-centered program open to teen of all faiths. Teens learn about the church and their faith in a loving and accepting community, Sunday evenings from 6:30-8:00 pm.
- Cub Scout Pack 4
- Contact Greg Staunton at 225-2570